Wednesday, February 19, 2014

What I'm Collecting in 2014

I haven't written a post since Halloween, what is wrong with me? I guess that's what happens when the previous baseball season sees my favorite player admit to using PEDs and my favorite team miss the postseason.

Teams are reporting to Spring Training now and it's time for baseball, so here's what I'll be collecting more of in 2014. This is, of course, in addition to Brewers, Ravens, Blazers and Oregon Ducks:

ANDREW MCCUTCHEN:


I have a few McCutchen RCs, but I'd love to really get a solid player collection of McCutchen going, I'll get a list posted of what I have, but I know I don't have an auto. Side note: I also collect gold refractors of anybody.

KING FELIX:

Having King Felix stick around in Seattle until now has been amazing. I feel like it's my duty as a northwest kid to expand my collection of this icon. Unfortunately, I parted with most of my Felix collection through the years, so I don't have much.

 AFFORDABLE HOF RELICS:


There's just something about having a relic from a Hall of Fame career that revs my collecting engine. I'd like to have a relic from every HOFer someday, but for now I'm starting small.

PATCHES:
 Especially unique patches like the Castro one above. I probably don't have the resources to acquire the pictured patch, but patches of a lesser player are cool too. I'd like to pick one up of Gallardo or Gomez.

JUMBO RELICS:
I'm not a fan of Jumbo relics that are so big the player isn't even pictured on the card, but I like the not-so-jumbo Jumbo relics. I first received one of Giancarlo Stanton and knew right away I'd love to get more.

So there it is. That's what I'm looking for in 2014. I'll probably be looking for sets and inserts and all that jazz too, but if you want to make a trade send an email to cameronclow12 AT gmail.com

I haven't made a trade in a long time and would love to get back into it.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain, coming from a fellow Brewers and former Braun fan. Though Griffey looks good in his old spot. I've already broken at least one of my collecting goals this year. And good to see your back.

    ReplyDelete

Share It